Here comes the All-Around Entertaining App! The on-demand subscription music service Spotify first won our hearts by giving us access to all the tunes we wanted. Now it’s looking to take on bigger competitors (we’re looking at you, Apple), and is rolling out a new app that seeks to make the company an unlimited source of video and podcasts. The Flash certainly took note of this aggressive move. We also applauded the re-entry of Scott McNealy to the entrepreneurial ring – the former Sun Microsystems CEO (and tech/SV rock star) announced this week that he’s taking the reins at Wayin, a social marketing startup he co-founded five years ago.
The Flash looks at these and other stories. Check it out!
- Spotify wants to be your endless source for video and podcasts, too. (Gizmodo)
- Scott McNealy is back in the game – this time heading up social marketing startup Wayin. (Fortune)
- Why are small businesses around the country rushing to have an IPO? Easy: it’s easy! (Washington Post)
- 38 new emojis come out next month – look for ‘bacon’ and ‘drooling face’ (Entrepreneur)
- The world’s largest startup accelerator – MassChallenge – announces plans to expand globally. (PandoDaily)
- Retail brands that failed can get new lives online as entrepreneurs launch them anew on the web. (Wall Street Journal)
- MuleSoft hits a valuation of more than $1.5 billion for its startup that helps firms organize their data. (Bloomberg Business)