The Flash loved the ride last year, when valuations for startups seeking funding hit five-year highs and the good times rolled. Since then, angel investors have withdrawn a bit, signaling new-found caution when it comes to young company valuations. With angel investors serving as a key source of financing for early-stage companies, this one bears watching.
The Flash also checks in with the up-and-down scene at Twitter, where takeover rumblings are starting up again. Acquisition, anyone?
These stories and more in this week’s Founders Flash!
- As angels pull back, valuations take a hit (Wall Street Journal)
- Is Twitter a takeover target? (Re-Code)
- Buffer opens its startup books for review (Inc)
- Five big changes coming to social media in 2016 (Medium)
- Journos discuss life without using Twitter (New York)
- Airbnb pitches mayors: let’s work together (NY Times)