The Flash was keenly interested when Google confirmed it is launching an internal incubator to birth companies. This new incubator will be named Area 120 in reference to the company’s willingness to allot "20 percent" of an employee’s work time to creative side projects.
Details of the new incubator are still trickling in, but it’s likely the emphasis will be on new product development and encouraging entrepreneurial disruption by Googlers.
These stories and more in this week’s Founders Flash!
- Google opens new startup incubator (Forbes)
- Silicon Valley’s AI marathon race is ON (NY Times)
- Defining the ‘sharing economy’ (Inc)
- New crowdfunding rules unlikely to spark startup boom (Harvard Business Review)
- The future of digital music…maybe (Wall Street Journal)
- Messaging startup Symphony to release first iPhone app (Recode)