According to Caine, the following six things will help to streamline the deal process and maximize the return for their investors and team:
- Consider the underlying motivations of the buyer
- Survey the market to get a sense of what your company is really worth
- Determine if a management bonus plan is needed in order to align incentives between investors and the executive team
- If employees are coming over to the buyer, then evaluate the terms of the employee packages as well as cultural fit
- Clean up HR and IP issues to expedite the diligence process
- Get an experienced lawyer to make sure you are well represented
To get his advice, read the full article on VentureBeat.