Online crafts seller Etsy debuted on Wall Street last week, and The Flash certainly took notice. In addition to the company’s volatile stock movement, The Flash learned a few interesting tidbits about this hot company: Etsy is the largest B-Corp to go through the IPO process, and the company has NEVER turned a profit (and may never do so…). The JOBS Act – a long-time FWB fave for its potential to help emerging growth companies – continues getting favorable coverage for crowdfunding and other programs. We also check in with leading VC firm Andreessen Horowitz after its recent hiring of Facebook’s former GC, who will help startups with regulatory and legal challenges.
Get these and more in The Flash!
- 5 Interesting things you should know about Etsy as the company debuts on Wall Street. (MarketWatch)
- JOBS Act/Crowdfunding
- For some entrepreneurs that have had success with crowdfunding, going back to the well actually delivers additional results. (Wall Street Journal)
- The effects of the JOBS Act continue to impact the startup community, as crowdfunding opportunities expand for entrepreneurs looking for seed money to finance new ideas. (Inc.)
- President Obama’s new TechHire program – which is funded to the tune of $100M –may positively impact startups and local-level entrepreneurs. (TechCrunch)
- VC giant Andreessen Horowitz brings on Facebook GC Ted Ullyot to help its startups navigate the increasingly complex regulatory and legal requirements. (Wall Street Journal)
- Preventative care and illness management are a growing focus of startup attention, with entrepreneurs targeting services from genetic testing to skin-testing apps. (Mashable)