Most people think networking is about making new connections, but it’s equally important to invest in the connections you already have – your former coworkers, clients, and friends.
Seeing this potential problem, Alexandra Cavoulacos and Kathryn Minshew, cofounders of The Muse, recently published, The New Rules of Work: The Modern Playbook for Navigating Your Career, a guide to help deepen your connections within your current network.
Learn about four people you already know, but may be undervaluing, including the Stunt Double, the Outsider, the Higher-Up and the Newbie.
Learn how to connect with the people you already know, and more in this edition of Founders Flash.
- Four people in your professional network you’re probably undervaluing (Fast Company)
- Just 17% of startups have a female founder — the same figure as 5 years ago (Geek Wire)
- 7 questions that lead to an 'aha' moment, according to research (Inc.)
- Arizona State and Draper University team up for entrepreneur dream course (Tech Co.)
- The year of the video: 5 ways to master a new must-do (Entrepreneur)