Having a mentor has been the saving grace for many an entrepreneur! A mentor is someone you can trust and someone with whom you feel comfortable sharing the ups and downs of running a business. Entrepreneurs who have mentors can attest that the “right” mentor has had a positive impact on both their private life and the performance of their business. Some of the key traits to consider when selecting a mentor include: someone whose opinion you respect, they should be a good listener and willing to provide honest feedback. There are also online resources that can help you find a mentor.
Once you have found a mentor, it is important to make the most of your time with he/she as most mentors are successful people who are also very busy. It is helpful to have a mentor to run ideas by or discuss issues you are facing running your company.
Learn more about how and why it is helpful to have a mentor in this issue of Founders Flash.
- My Best Advice For Entrepreneurs - Find A Mentor. This Is Why And How. (Forbes)
- 7 Apps That Every Entrepreneur Needs in Their Arsenal (TechCo)
- 3 Things You Need to Know About Adapting to Succeed In the Business World (Entrepreneur)
- The One Thing That Will Force Businesses To Care About Diversity (Fast Company)
- Something Extraordinary Is Happening in Blockchain and Cryptocurrency, and Most People Haven't Noticed (Inc.)