If you were seeking venture capital funding in the fourth quarter of 2016, CEO and tech entrepreneur Mark Woodward feels your pain. When his company began Series D funding in September, Woodward couldn’t predict that the market would drop and that funding would drop 30 percent.
Venture capital funding is a rapidly changing market; in mid-2015, VC-backed companies were in their heyday, but 2016 showed more signs of the market slowing down. After completing funding, Woodward takes a look back on his fundraising efforts and shares lessons learned on working in a difficult market.
Learn how to fundraise in a changing market, and more in this edition of Founders Flash.
- What I learned about raising VC funding in a volatile market (Forbes)
- How could we make the Goal Standard Challenge experience better? (Entrepreneur)
- YouTube just made its biggest bet yet on e-sports (Fortune)
- 10 ways to get your business ready for the wearables wave (Tech Co.)
- How the internet is saving culture, not killing it (New York Times)