We’ve all heard the recent buzz – 2016 is the year the unicorn era for tech startups is over. However, despite what may be considered a deteriorating funding environment, The Flash is here to reinforce the message that the end of the unicorn craze is NOT the end of the world for startups. In fact, it may actually be one of the best times to get your idea off the ground.
This week, VCs offered encouragement that, despite the end of easy money, entrepreneurs should not lose hope when it comes to bringing their ideas to life and building successful businesses. Sure, it may not be as easy as it has been in recent years to achieve a billion-dollar valuation for your company, but as one VC put it, “If you start on the bottom, grind, and build the business, the tide will turn, and you will end up on the top.”
This story and more in this week’s Founders Flash!
- The end of the unicorn craze is not the end of the world for startups (Upstart)
- New startup incubator touts AR ‘superpowers’ (Recode)
- Virtual reality’s sci-fi trip (NY Times)
- Food e-commerce – is it boiling over? (Wall Street Journal)
- Electric truck co. plans to roll out drones (Inc)
- Franchise 500 list is in (Entrepreneur)