The recent success of venture capital unicorn valuations, startup founders have started to think that the only track to success includes rapid-pace growth and even faster fundraising. But many venture capitalist disagree.
Being thoughtful about your fundraising goals and at a valuation based on growth metrics will improve your discussions with venture capitalists and other investors. It can also provide more freedom with your options for exits and future capital raising.
Learn four tips and guidelines for raising money, and more in this edition of Founders Flash.
- Before you pitch investors, ask yourself these 4 questions (Entrepreneur)
- How the best founders succeed by looking at their companies differently (Inc.)
- Allstate spins out new startup focused on flagging risky drivers (Fortune)
- How PlayDate used Indiegogo to raise $580,000 and test a remote-controlled pet toy (Forbes)
- Crayon, startup co-founded by HubSpot alumni, gets more money (Boston Business Journal)