The Flash likes to keep an eye out for emerging investment opportunities, and took note when recent investment interest focused on Southeast Asia’s tech scene. The most notable sign of this interest was the investment fund started recently by Silicon Valley’s 500 Startups, the Mountain View-based seed investor and startup incubator, which plans to invest in technology startups in Vietnam. According to 500 Startups leadership, the group aims to invest $10 million in some 100 to 150 startups in the fast-growing country. The macros must be improving…
Read this story and more in this week’s Founders Flash!
- Silicon Valley’s ‘500 Startups’ starts fund to pump funds into Vietnam (Wall Street Journal)
- An interview with FCC Chair Tom Wheeler (Recode)
- GM acquires driverless tech company Cruise Automation (Recode)
- SF startup brings Moneyball to soccer (Wall Street Journal)
- New fuel cell technology gets a look (Entrepreneur)