In the recent past, the most successful startup accelerators have given investors and consumers a glimpse into the future (think Uber, Airbnb). A team of data experts at TechCrunch tested this theory by researching startups that raised first-time funding in the past six months from accelerators in North America with a standout record for backing startups that go on to secure much higher valuations.
The results are fascinating – although not entirely surprising. So what should consumers look forward to? The most common themes are AI bots and AI consumer digital assistants; temporary, on-demand real estate; and smart public transportation.
Learn more about the startups being funded, and more in this edition of Founders Flash.
- Here’s what the top accelerators in North America are funding (Tech Crunch)
- Intellectual property 101: what your business needs to know about copyright law (Forbes)
- 4 hands-off ways to foster innovation in your startup (Entrepreneur)
- How to email a venture capitalist, according to one (Inc.)
- Small IPOs boosted by laws to encourage small businesses (Wall Street Journal)