We believe that strength lies in differences, not in similarities. Diversity breeds innovation. And innovation breeds success.
Diversity is critical for any organization to innovate and adapt in a fast-changing environment, and successful entrepreneurs and leaders are becoming more proactive when it comes to attracting diverse talent and creating an inclusive workplace. An inclusive workplace results from the actions taken on a daily basis.
In this issue of the Flash, we highlight insights from Goodwin’s inaugural [email protected] retreat, a discussion that focused on creating an inclusive workplace for transgender employees.
The panel discussion touched upon organizational barriers facing transgender employees and progress made to reduce or eliminate these roadblocks, the current legal landscape for transgender protections, challenges and threats to jeopardize these protections that lie ahead, and the importance of education, awareness and advocacy in the efforts to protect and advance transgender employees in the workplace. Goodwin partners and [email protected] co-chairs Koray Bulut and Jim Mattus provided opening remarks and Blake Liggio and Jason Wu participated as panelists.
Also in this week’s Flash:
- 3 ways entrepreneurs can influence the adoption of environmental standards (GreenBiz)
- How First-Time Entrepreneurs Can Learn From Amazon's HQ2 Decision (Forbes)
- How the Geography of Startups and Innovation is Changing (Harvard Business Review)
- 5 most valuable tech startups in San Diego (The San Diego Union-Tribune)
- The Contribution of Banks in the Growth & Development of Entrepreneurship (Entrepreneur)