Uber Technologies, the SF-based ride-sharing company, is looking to raise between $1.5B and $2 billion in new funding. What’s the company valuation for that ambitious funding, you ask? Try $50 B-,B-,B- Billion … that’s a lot of unicorns…What will Uber do with all that money? Poach talent, for starters: Google’s PR chief received an offer she couldn't refuse.
The Flash also kicks back with some longer reads, checking out The New Yorker profile of Silicon Valley giant Marc Andreessen and the California Sunday look at the slew of high school entrepreneurs/dropouts descending on San Francisco.
Check out these stories and more in The Flash!
- Uber briefs investors on plans to raise up to $2B – based on a funding valuation of $50B or higher (Wall Street Journal)
- What to do with piles of cash? Poach PR talent to manage the CEO’s image do-over, Uber decides (Wall Street Journal)
- Longform: Marc Andreessen has a vision for the future of venture capital and his firm Andreessen Horowitz – not to mention The World (New Yorker)
- Longform: Tech-savvy teens are dropping out across the U.S. and heading to SF to pursue their entrepreneurial dreams (California Sunday)
- SV payments company Square is expanding its lending efforts to small businesses by raising funds for Square Capital, its loan-making section (Fortune)
- America’s transportation infrastructure would benefit from an influx of entrepreneurs (Harvard Business Review)
- Plenty of billion-dollar startups, but so far no billion-dollar entrepreneurs (Venture Beat)