The Flash goes long form this week, focusing on a couple reads that will take some time – but deliver big benefits. To start, we look at the world’s hottest startup – and it’s located somewhere other than Silicon Valley. That’s right, Magic Leap – a startup that is notably close to bringing to market a high-level virtual reality experience, is located in...suburban Florida. Magic Leap has some seriously mind-bending technology, and The Flash is glad to read up on the future of virtual reality.
The Flash also goes deep on the story behind the building Amazon’s Echo – the voice-controlled speaker that was such a big hit for the company. It wasn’t always so easy…
These stories and more in this week’s Founders Flash!
- The untold story of Magic Leap – the world’s most secretive startup (Wired)
- The real story of how Amazon built Echo (Bloomberg)
- Can apps help students avoid distraction? (Slate)
- Sean Parker tries again with video chat startup (Recode)
- Mattress industry disruptor Casper has big growth (Inc)
- Squarespace goes big time (Entrepreneur)