A recent study shows that new companies – startups – are currently at nearly a 40-year low. Only 452,835 firms were created in 2014, according to the most recent U.S. Census data, which is below the 500,000 to 600,000 new companies that were started. every year from the late 1970s to the mid-2000s.
This is making people wonder, where are the startup jobs now?
Learn how startups jobs will rebound, and more in this edition of Founders Flash.
- Where are all the startups? (CNN Money)
- Augment your reality with these startups (Entrepreneur)
- 3 Trends in the 2016 Gartner Hype Cycle for emerging technologies (Forbes)
- This startup is betting on Paralympic athletes to help it build better motion recognition software (Inc.)
- Startups get an unusual message: go slow, think small (Wall Street Journal)
- 7 tips for successful team-building activities (Upstart Business Journal)