Startup luminaries descended on Manhattan last week for the annual Disrupt NY hosted by Tech Crunch and followed closely by The Flash. Highlights include an “all-in” commitment to BitCoin by Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss, as well as recollections by Meerkat founder Ben Rubin on the call he received advising that Twitter was pulling the plug on access to his live streaming startup. We also took a special peek at student entrepreneurs, who are dashing to the end of their academic year while stoking their startup fires.
These and more in this week’s Flash!
- Tech Crunch hosted its annual Disrupt NY 2015 event last week, with coverage highlights including interviews with the Winklevoss twins, Meerkat’s Ben Rubin, Bob Bowman, Tristan Walker, and more. (Tech Crunch)
- Our focus on student entrepreneurs includes:
- 6 truths about being a millennial entrepreneur (Forbes);
- Confessions of a teenage entrepreneur (Huffington Post);
- 6 steps to becoming a successful student entrepreneur (Entrepreneur); and
- Our very own Bob Bishop discussing the MIT FinTech Club launch. (FWB)
- Kabbage is disrupting small-business loans in the growing – and largely unregulated – alternative lending market. (Forbes)
- The most recent round of VC Funding puts the value of startup Zenefits at $4.5 billion – a mere two years after launch. (Wall Street Journal)