In video of the Hangout below, Bob discusses eight categories of mistakes, details what causes them, and gives advice on how to avoid them.
The eight categories are:
- Failing to pay attention to corporate formalities
- Complicating the formation process
- Refusing to subject founders’ stock to vesting
- Dwelling on valuation
- Failing to raise enough money (for fear of dilution or otherwise)
- Spending money too quickly
- Failing to pick advisors who add value to your business
- Failing to adequately protect your intellectual property assets
For more information, see Bob’s presentation on slideshare.