The Flash knows that inventory management is a key skill set for entrepreneurs starting retail and other businesses. At this time of year, with charities facing a deluge of food and other donations, such logistical and operational challenges require technology to manage and succeed. In the spirit of the season, we look to a food bank in Tennessee to see how one cutting-edge charity uses software in ways consistent with how retailers and other private companies manage the spike in activity that comes with the holidays.
These stories and more in this week’s edition of Founders Flash!
- Tech helps food banks handle holiday surge (WSJ)
- Will Yahoo sell its Alibaba stake? (Recode)
- Creating a litter-free world (Medium)
- Apple takes Swift programming language to open source (Recode)
- State of Startups: founders say fundraising won’t be easy (Wall Street Journal)·
- This angel investor insists on 51% of startups (Inc)
- The music industry’s new way to fund growth (Entrepreneur)