Once you’ve completed generating the Formation Documents using Goodwin's Document Driver® and you are ready to officially form your single member limited liability company, you will want to take the following steps:
File Certificate of Formation with the Delaware Secretary of State
- Confirm availability of the name chosen for your company (this can be done at no charge at the Delaware Secretary of State website). Similarly it is suggested that you check the name in any state in which you will be doing business.
- Contact and retain the Registered Agent you selected when answering the Questionnaire.
- Review carefully the Certificate of Formation generated from your completed Document Driver® Questionnaire and confirm the information.
- Cause the Authorized Person to sign and date the Certificate of Formation.
- File the signed and dated Certificate of Formation with the Delaware Secretary of State. Filing may be accomplished directly with the Delaware Secretary of State or through a registered agent service such as The Corporation Trust Company or Corporate Service Company. You will receive evidence of filing and certification of formation once your Certificate of Formation has been accepted by the Delaware Secretary of State’s office.